[DWJ] nameday

J.E. Powers jepowers70 at verizon.net
Wed Sep 20 22:48:54 EDT 2006

And the day on which the saint is celebrated is called one's name-day.

But do tell: *which* Saint Elisabeth? Hungary, or Portugal?  Do you turn
bread to roses?  It's important: you get a sort of extra birthday either on
17th (formerly 19th) November, or on 4th July, depending which you
selected.

Minnow

Hey!  My baptized name and middle name is Elizabeth.  My nameday was this past Monday (St. Elizabeth, mother of St. John the Baptist.)  We follow the Julian calendar in my church so the date was 5 September (or 18 Sept. new calendar.)

-Jill Elizabeth