Minnow minnow at belfry.org.uk
Wed Sep 20 16:09:56 EDT 2006

Ania suggested

>I think Imogen is made up by Shakespeare.

The books I have that list it don't seem to agree about *anything* to do
with it.  One says it is an old english name and gives no meaning for it,
one that it is Anglo-Saxon and means "last-born" (how would one know,
unless it were posthumous for the father and the mother died in childbed?),
one that it is old Irish and means "daughter, girl", and one that it is
Latin, and means "an image or likeness"; a fifth says that it was a
misprint for the Irish name "Innogen", in the original printed version of
/Cymbeline/.

Any other suggestions from anywhere, anyone?

Minnow