Katarina Hjärpe head_overheels at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 20 16:00:34 EDT 2006

>I used to know someone called Gengis.  He was Polish, and it may not have
been his real name, but that was what he answered to.  I'd've thought that
would be on the list of things you shouldn't name your baby, but maybe that
depends where you live.

*giggle* Taking out the book Viktiga saker ("Important things" - it's
actually anything but), there's a list on names the authors think you
shouldn't name your kids:

Caligula, Mao, Hitler, Judas, Medusa, Lucrezia, Borgia, Belsebub, Rasputin,
Sabrina, Samantha, Nils Adamson, Nero, Rocky, Dolph, Arnold, Buddha, Allah,
Vishnu, Jesus, Gandhi, Onan, Christer Pettersson, Mata Hari, Ramses,
Cleopatra, Marilyn, Candy, Lolita, Suzy, Tiffany, Nebukadnessar, Herodes,
Caesar, Zorro, Tarzan, and Hannibal.

Instead they advocate the names Montezuma, Don Martin, and Kit (like the
Phantom).

There were reasons for all the no-nos, but that would take too long to
write. :-)

Btw, that statistics page I linked to before has name searches too, which
has led to many a fun time for me as I looked up statistics for names like
Gandalf and Lucifer. Yes, I amuse myself in boring ways. *g*

OBDWJM: Hey, have you thought about the fact that the Phantom and
Kit-the-griffin share a name? I hadn't.

Katta