Katarina Hjärpe head_overheels at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 20 12:27:03 EDT 2006

>Perhaps originally, but I know a young man whose given name is Illya. And
>I've just remembered I know a Swedish man whose name is Ola.

Incidentally one of only two -a names on the top 100 for men:
http://www.scb.se/templates/tableOrChart____31057.asp

The other is Gösta.

Yeah, I'm way too fond of looking up weird things on the national statistics
website.

Katta

Me again - sorry to be spamming you guys. I checked the statistics for
Swedish newborns in 2005. 74 of the most common girl's names ended with an
a. None of the boy's names did.

And now that I've made three inane statistics posts in about as many
minutes, I suppose I should have an OBDWJ, but I can't think of one...
*hangs head in shame*

Katta