deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Wed Sep 20 10:21:01 EDT 2006

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006, Roger Burton West wrote:

|On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 09:46:06AM -0400, deborah.dwj at suberic.net wrote:
|
|>My friend the linguist has a nacsent theory about why fantasyland
|>girls' names tend to end with "a" out of all proportion to girls'
|>names in the cultures that fantasyland emulates.  Perhaps it
|>deserves and entry in the Tough Guide. :)
|
|G'won g'won _do_ tell!

I'm not sure of the details, and he's only just started looking
into it. I speculate it's because in our imaginary notion of what
names of some light differs from reality. Maybe it's left over
from something biblical? Hebrew women's names tend to end with
"a" and the men's names don't. I will ask him, though.

-deborah
--
"Tai Chi works wonders when I feel like killing things.
Of course, so does actually killing things."