[DWJ] Angharad?

Belben, Philip (Energy Wholesale) Philip.Belben at eon-uk.com
Wed Sep 20 09:39:08 EDT 2006

Minnow, replying to Charlie

> >downstairs to check. *Is* there an Angharad? Oh, hang on, what about
> >the teacher/fire demon in HMC?
>
> Miss Angorian.

Lily Angorian, IIRC.

> It might be unkind to call a child Angharad, because about half the
> people who encounter it will probably pronounce it wrong, or spell it
> wrong, or both, and that can grow to be a real bore

The only girl of that name whom I have known certainly suffered.  She
impressed upon me (but on surprisingly few of the rest of our circle)
that it was pronounced ang-HA-rad, all A's being short and somewhere
between the English short A and AH.

Philip.

PS Roddy short for Angharad?  With a strong enough American accent, it
is actually possible, I suppose.

PPS more girls' names:  Dillian, Shine, Flower-in-the-Night...
our prior permission is prohibited.

represent those of the E.ON Group.

Coventry, CV4 8LG.
Registered in England & Wales No. 2366970

Coventry, CV4 8LG
Registered in England & Wales No. 4178314

Telephone +44 (0) 2476 42 4000
Fax +44 (0) 2476 42 5432