[DWJ] Angharad?

Kyla Mackay-Smith kyla at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Wed Sep 20 09:01:59 EDT 2006

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006, Charles Butler wrote:

> That's right - as I know because I had the same thought as Otter and
> went downstairs to check. *Is* there an Angharad? Oh, hang on, what
> about the teacher/fire demon in HMC? I'm not going all the way
> downstairs to check again now!

Miss Angorian. I always thought the name sounded a bit Armenian, with that
ending, which fit with her coloring.

>   Charlie (Lucy, as might have been)

My parents only have a vague wishy-washy idea that they might have named
me Jonathan, had I been a boy; I feel that this doesn't jibe with my mom's
strong feeling that no child of *hers* was going to have two others with
the same name in the same classroom. Of course, as it turned out, there
weren't very many Jonathans in my classes. In contrast, in my fourth
grade, there were seven Michaels in the two classes.