O. Elizabeth Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Wed Sep 20 08:45:24 EDT 2006

On Sep 19, 2006, at 9:34 PM, Elizabeth Parks wrote:

> it's always really frustrated me that my mother never had a backup
> name.  If
> my older brother had been a girl he might have been Jennifer, and all
> my
> friends had lovely alternate names: Laura might have been David, Andrea
> might have been Ogden, stuff like that.

I would have been David.  Mind you, my brother would have been David
as well, but they ended up naming him after my father.

I had a girlfriend who told me she was in the hospital for
female problems. I said, “Get real! What does that mean?”
She says, “You know, female problems.” I said, “What?
You can’t parallel park? You can’t get credit?”

                                        --- Pam Stone