Elizabeth Parks henx19 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 23:34:18 EDT 2006

My parents named my older brother after my father and grandfather (William),
me after both my grandmothers (Margaret Elizabeth), and my younger brother
after my other grandfather and my uncle who had died (Theodore Robert.)  I'm
not sure why she agreed to Margaret--I think it meant a lot to my father,
and they didn't want to leave anyone out.

it's always really frustrated me that my mother never had a backup name.  If
my older brother had been a girl he might have been Jennifer, and all my
friends had lovely alternate names: Laura might have been David, Andrea
might have been Ogden, stuff like that.  But whenever I'd ask my mother,
she'd just say, "well, I knew you were going to be a girl."  There was no
test, just my mother's intution.

My mother is a Reiki master and an estate lawyer, and on her the combination
works.

obDWJ: um.what were the other Janet/Gwendolen names?  Ludmilla?