Elizabeth Parks henx19 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 13:20:59 EDT 2006

I would like to just vote against Diana Ding, if I may.  Not that Diana
isn't a lovely name!  And Ding is pretty excellent!  I'm just not sure about
the combination.

lizzie, who has never quite forgiven her 12th grade English teacher, Mrs.
Dobson, for naming her newborn daughter something other than Zuleika.

ps:
Juliette, what about: Vierran, Wynne, or Marianne?  Pinhoe Ding. .  though I
rather like Chrestomanci as a first name.

(I would also advise that you give your child a first name you mean to use:
my first name is Margaret (after my grandmother), but my mother can't stand
it, and so I spent the first twenty-odd years of my life (ie all but the
past year and a half) trying to convince people that I really do prefer
Elizabeth, or Lizzie.  trying to convince them that Lizzie is still an okay
name now that I'm twenty-something is another challenge.  There's this class
of people who automatically wants to shorten it to Liz, and it drives me
crazy.)