[DWJ] Re: currency (minor spoilers for CL, WW, TPE)

Belben, Philip (Energy Wholesale) Philip.Belben at eon-uk.com
Mon Sep 18 09:47:10 EDT 2006

> |PS I don't believe Janet.  There's no remote possibility that a
> |riding hat could have cost £130 in a world where the vet charges only
> | half a guinea for a check-up.
>
> Ha!  As a hat person, I can assure you that nice hats are
> *expensive*.  I regularly fall in unrequited love with $300 hats.
>
> That being said, I could buy those hats for the price of a few vet
> visits.

Exactly.  Even assuming the vet doesn't charge much for just a check-up, a very expensive going-out hat might cost 250 times as much, but a hard hat for a young girl to learn to ride in?

I think Janet hasn't got the hang of pounds, shillings and pence yet, and the hat was actually 130 shillings.  That's six time's the vet's fee, which is a lot, but presumably Millie wanted to buy a good quality hard hat, maybe even one with an anti-concussion spell built in.

Philip.
our prior permission is prohibited.

represent those of the E.ON Group.

Coventry, CV4 8LG.
Registered in England & Wales No. 2366970

Coventry, CV4 8LG
Registered in England & Wales No. 4178314

Telephone +44 (0) 2476 42 4000
Fax +44 (0) 2476 42 5432