[DWJ] The Pinhoe Egg

meredith at leemac.freeserve.co.uk meredith at leemac.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Sep 14 08:50:51 EDT 2006

Thank you - all is explained. Re The Pinhoe Egg chapter 18

The drawing of the flying machine showed the flapping tables rather like those old-fashioned school desks with a lift up hinged lid. I thought it wast like a glorious revenge of the school-children, using their desks as wings and not caring if they got smashed up.
By the way, Gilli, as an Oz-ite, what did you think of the book Wicked, about the Witch of the West, if you've read it? If this is getting too off topic for everyone else, do reply off list if you prefer, although ObDWJ, Howl did say that the Witch of the Waste was a very misunderstood woman!
cheers, Meredith meredith at leemac.freeserve.co.uk