[DWJ] Re: Character transformations

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Sep 13 20:33:19 EDT 2006

> I should have mentioned that I have all the book-length scholarly works on
> DWJ on my bookshelf. So it is the articles or essays I'm after, since they
> are not that easy to track down.

Ok, where have you searched already? I am checking the MLA bibliography
and finding:

Reading Diana Wynne Jones  By: Turner, Alice K.; New York Review of
Science Fiction, 2003 July; 15 (11 [179]): 1, 4-5. (journal article)

The Heroic Ideal-a Personal Odyssey  By: Jones, Diana Wynne; The Lion
and the Unicorn: A Critical Journal of Children's Literature, 1989 June;
13 (1): 129-140. (journal article)

The Ever-Vigilant Hero: Revaluing the Tale of Tam Lin  By: Perry, Evelyn
M.; Children's Folklore Review, 1997 Spring; 19 (2): 31-49. (journal
article)

ISI arts & humanities citation index turns up some possibles:

Grant, J. Gulliver unravels: Generic fantasy and the loss of subversion
(Fantasy
novelists)
EXTRAPOLATION 41 (1): 21-27 SPR 2000

 	 Nikolajeva M
Exit children's literature? (Contemporary trends in international
children's fiction)
LION AND THE UNICORN 22 (2): 221-236 APR 1998

 CLARK SRL
DOES THE BURGESS-SHALES HAVE MORAL IMPLICATIONS
INQUIRY-AN INTERDISCIPLINARY JOURNAL OF PHILOSOPHY 36 (4): 357-380

 	 ATTEBERY B
WOMENS COMING OF AGE IN FANTASY
EXTRAPOLATION 28 (1): 10-22 SPR 1987

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net