[DWJ] Missing Pages: Pinhoe Egg

shawyer at mail.utexas.edu shawyer at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Sep 13 11:05:41 EDT 2006

> On Sep 12, 2006, at 10:46 PM, Judith Ridge wrote:
>
> > Well, not strictly speaking missing—but the words are! Yes, six blank
> > pages,
> > some glitch in the printing process. I haven’t heard anyone else
> > mention
> > they’ve had the same problem, so I’m hoping someone on the list might
> > be
> > kind enough, if they’re not too busy, to send me the missing text.

I had a similar problem of blank and missing pages in a copy of Tale of Time
City many years ago. I'd spent my carefully horded cash on the book while on a
visit to Grandpa in Scotland, only to discover the problem back home in Canada.
I wrote a sad letter to Methuen and they sent me a new copy, but it had a
different cover, which I didn't like as much as the first cover I'd had.

Perhaps it's some kind of book jinx meant to test the mettle of DWJ fans?

Sue