[DWJ] Another new DWJ?

Judith Ridge Judith.Ridge at det.nsw.edu.au
Tue Sep 12 19:55:57 EDT 2006

On 12/9/06 5:01 PM, "Charles Butler" <charlescbutler at btinternet.com> wrote:

> Judith:
>
>> And it's
> supposed to come from Penguin--not DWJ's usual publisher?
>
>   I think 'The Game' is being published by Sharyn November at Penguin Putnam -

Of course! I should have realised that.

> though whether it's under her Firebirds imprint I'm not sure. It's a novella -
> that much I do seem to remember hearing, anyway!
>
>   Oh, and completists may want to own Enna Hittims even if they already have
> the anthology version, as this edition will be slightly different. Barrington
> Stoke specialize in books for reluctant readers

Yes, I was a bit surprised to see them publishing a DWJ story--but great to
see they're using such top writers.

>and have very strict rules
> about vocabulary, sentence structure, etc., so DWJ will certainly have been
> asked to make some changes. A scholarly parallel text edition will no doubt
> ensure in due course.

And--calloo callay, My Woman at HarperCollins managed to rustle up a copy of
Pinhoe Egg for me, which once I have cleared the day's emails, I shall be
taking outside into the spring sunshine to devour in one large gulp.

Judith

--
Judith Ridge
Assistant Editor (Acting)