[DWJ] Re:Farah Mendlesohn's book - blatant commercial plug

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Tue Sep 12 15:37:05 EDT 2006

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006, Otter Perry wrote:
|I remember reading an article about Pullman in which
|he vents at Lewis for not allowing Susan to go back to Narnia
|because she had conventional pubescent interests.  A friend of
|mine says it sounds to her like the reaction of someone deeply
|involved and deeply disappointed.  That is, Pullman is deeply
|involved and feels deeply betrayed by Lewis.

Yes indeed.  To me, Pullman reads like someone who has had a deep
and abiding love for lewis and lewis' christianity, because his
anger reads like betrayal, not like something more distant.

-deborah
--
This is St. Gulik. He is the Messenger of the Goddess. A different age from
ours called him Hermes. Many people called him by many names. He is a