[DWJ] Re:Farah Mendlesohn's book - blatant commercial plug

Gili Bar-Hillel gbhillel at netvision.net.il
Tue Sep 12 13:57:43 EDT 2006

Harumph. Not one week ago I finally shelled out the $95 and ordered this
book from Amazon. I've wanted to ever since I've known that I'm quoted in it
(vain creature that I am).  But in about a month I'll be giving my lecture
on the topic on which I'm quoted: a detailed discussion of intertextuality
in "Howl's Moving Castle" as it pertains to "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz". It
would be nice to have Farah's book to wave about as I speak. The lecture
will be given at Icon, Israel's big F&SF convention; this year's guest of
honor is Neil Gaiman, I'm looking forward to meeting him. I'm also scheduled
to give a lecture about Narnia vs. His Dark Materials, entitled "Is Philip
Pullman the Anti-Lewis" - if any of you have insights or comments to
contribute, I'm all ears.