[DWJ] Character transformations

Juliette Curtis juliette at harvestroad.com
Tue Sep 12 03:27:32 EDT 2006

There is a book of scholarly essays about DWJ's work. At least one of
the essays might be useful to you. Its name is something like "DWJ and
the transforming power of language". The book is:

    Diana Wynne Jones: An Exciting and Exacting Wisdom (Studies in
    Children's Literature, 1) (Paperback)

    by Teya Rosenberg
    <http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/index=books-uk&field-editor=Teya%20Rosenberg/202-7165339-4862238>

DWJ has also written a couple of essays about her views of heroes and
her use of mythology in her work. I would be happy to email them to you
if you like.

Juliette