[DWJ] RE: Getting Paid (was Giant Under the Snow)

Wed Sep 6 13:18:41 EDT 2006

Minnow wrote:

>All of those who know and love DWJ are trying to convince her that
*she*
>should cultivate a Chrestomanci vague look for when eg the BBC ring up
and
>demand that she drop everything and rush to London or Manchester at
their
>behest to do things for them that are no use to her.  They *never*
offer
>any payment.

<snip>
>left her standing in a corridor for about an hour (I am not joking!)
and
>generally messed her around.

And Robyn added:
Sounds like she needs to get her head around the concept of a rider. She

should say, "yes of course. I need a footman, a limousine, a bowl of
m&ms with all the green ones picked out, a comfy chair, a hot water
bottle and a freshly iced penguin."

To which I continue:
I think perhaps DWJ should rent a wheelchair for these appearances (and
include someone to push.)  I am serious.  At least she would have
somewhere to sit.

Alison
Who could not possibly stand in a corridor for more than about 15
minutes