[DWJ] Pinhoe Egg

Emma Comerford emmaco at tpg.com.au
Tue Sep 5 19:42:28 EDT 2006

At 09:36 AM 4/09/2006, Judith Ridge wrote:

>On 3/9/06 7:48 AM, "Alina" <contemplatinum at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Some of us have mortgaged the farm and have been informed that
> >> our copy is on its ever-so-slow way across the pond.
> >
> > I'm sure your first-born child would be enough. (Anyone know when TPE
> > is coming out in NZ?
>
>'
>Don't know about NZ, but I've just got off the phone with My Woman at
>HarperCollins, and it's not out in Australia until February. And they don't
>have any reader's copies. It's not just that I'm desperate to read it--we
>are in the process of choosing the book we will feature in The School
>Magazine next year and I'm desperate to include it! (Also the new Tiffany
>Aching--similar problem.)
>
>Judith

Why??? I can't understand why sometimes we get books at the same time as
the rest of the world (remember that glorious occasion Merlin's Conspiracy
came out here first?) but other times have to wait as though the books are
being sent over in a sailing boat.

And two bookstores are still telling me September - I guess their databases
aren't being updated.

A cranky Emma