[DWJ] Giant Under the Snow

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Sun Sep 3 13:29:50 EDT 2006

On Sep 3, 2006, at 5:17 AM, Jon Noble wrote:

> A friend of mine who started working as a casual for
> our (NSW) Dept of Ed had to wait about two and a half
> months for her first pay, and of course when it came
> it had a massive amount of tax taken out. Whenever my
> wife who does casual lecturing for Newcastle
> University starts a new contract it is six to eight
> weeks before she gets paid. All  seems par for the
> course to me. Mind you they do eventually GET paid.
> Sounds to me like no one knows who is supposed to be
> responsible for paying you.

I used to work for a university.  If you were getting a
check that covered a period longer than four weeks,
they did the tax manually so as to avoid that massive
tax deduction.

The only jobs for which no man is qualified are human
incubator and wet nurse. Likewise, the only job for
which no women is or can be qualified is sperm donor.

                             --  Wilma Scott Heide