[DWJ] Nominate your favourite Carnegie and Greenaway winner book ofall time

Belben, Philip (Energy Wholesale) Philip.Belben at eon-uk.com
Mon Oct 30 12:37:52 EST 2006

Since we're posting nominations here, I went for "Tom's Midnight
Garden".  A fantasy well enough written to satisfy my demanding Aunt R,
and I love it anyway.

I too didn't recognise enough of the picture books to nominate anything
in the second category.

But I found it interesting how people on the list are choosing such
different books.  I suppose it shows how broad DWJ's appeal is!  I've
only read "The Changeover" once, for example, and while it was good, it
didn't strike me as particularly special.  The Little White Horse was a
book so unmemorable that I bought a second copy because I thought I
hadn't read it.  And I could never have brought myself to vote for
"Northern Lights"...

Philip.
our prior permission is prohibited.

represent those of the E.ON Group.

Coventry, CV4 8LG.
Registered in England & Wales No. 2366970

Coventry, CV4 8LG
Registered in England & Wales No. 4178314

Telephone +44 (0) 2476 42 4000
Fax +44 (0) 2476 42 5432