[DWJ] Re: Nominate your favourite Carnegie and Greenaway winner book of all time

Amy Lee Bennett alb15 at cornell.edu
Fri Oct 27 12:17:00 EDT 2006

Oh lordy, that was tough. I went for "The Owl Service," in the end,
because of my love for Welsh Celtic myth, and Garner's brilliant
storytelling and subtle prose. But to choose that over Golden Compass,
Watership Down, Changeover (Mahy and DWJ are two of my favorite
authors for many of the same reasons)... it was tough.
Greenaway was only slightly easier... but I was absolutely obsessed
with "Sir Gawain and the Loathly Lady" when I was a kid, so I went for
that one. Yes, even over my beloved Each Peach Pear Plum and Mr
Gumpy's Outing.
Based on this discussion, though, I added "God Beneath the Sea" and
"Little White Horse" to my to-read list (among others).
--Amy Lee