[DWJ] Nominate your favourite Carnegie and Greenaway winner book of all time

Ian W. Riddell iwriddell at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 23:04:11 EDT 2006

I'm torn. Deeply torn. "Northern Lights" was a work of genius, IMHO. A great
book that I'll reread and reread until I go blind.

But to have to choose that over "The God Beneath the Sea". This book
transfixed me. I borrowed it from the library at least twice a year. I read
it aloud to Mark (my partner) just last year. I love how it weaves the tales
of the gods into one long, dark, powerful narrative. And those
illustrations!

How to choose, how to choose!

widdy