[DWJ] Bananas

Gili Bar-Hillel gbhillel at netvision.net.il
Tue Nov 28 11:48:03 EST 2006

>> Oh, Derk must have been experimenting. If he can manage winged humans,
>> bananas that look like strawberries would be NOTHING to him.
>
> Hm.. but wouldn't strawberries that look like bananas be a much
> better idea? Strawberries are so fragile in their current form...

A much better idea. Bananas are ingeniously packaged. I heard a lecture once
from an industrial designer who extolled the "design" of the banana peel: it
protects the product, segments it into individual portions, has its own
built-in opening device, can be used to keep ones hand clean while consuming
the product, and also - most ingenious of all, he claimed - it changes color
to reflect the changing quality of the product over time.