[DWJ] Re:herbalists

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Thu Nov 23 22:16:34 EST 2006

On Nov 22, 2006, at 2:15 PM, <estairm at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Robin McKinley has one in one of her short stories.
> The woman is a midwife and healer and takes in a girl
> who can't speak and teaches her the healing arts.
> Both the midwife and girl are strong characters.  The
> story is one in a book of four stories, called, I
> believe, A Knot in the Grain.
>
> But I'm too tired and lazy to go look it up...
>
> Esther

"Touk's House" in that collection also involves herbs,
healing, and what one wants out of life.

Whenever people say 'We mustn't be sentimental,' you
can take it they are about to do something cruel. And
if they add 'We must be realistic,' they mean they are
going to make money out of it.

                                                - Brigid Brophy