[DWJ] And does anyone recognize this book?

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Wed Nov 22 16:47:45 EST 2006

>I've always meant to ask if anyone knew what book this was.  I read
>it when I was in middle school and really liked it.  It's about a
>young girl who, because of various political intrigues, pretends to
>be a boy and lives and sings with the boys of a cathedral choir.
>She overhears plotting by perhaps, a bad bishop, about, perhaps
>monarchical intrigue.  There is a lot about singing in the choir,
>friendships with the boys, and buttons (?), I think.  She is really
>somebody important.  There were no other books by this author at my
>library.  I seriously doubt that this was enough information to
>identify the book, but this list has performed wonders in the past
>so I figured it's worth a shot.

*A Murder for her Majesty*, by Beth Hilgartner?  (http://tinyurl.com/ydvms9 )

I think I donated our copy a few years ago, and the title wasn't
particularly helpful, so I thought this was going to drive me mad!
It was an Amazon order, luckily.  At least it can be eliminated if
not the book you're looking for.

Hallie