[DWJ] Book recommendations

Rosemary Hopkins rosieburroughs at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 21 19:12:36 EST 2006

--- Robyn Starkey <rohina at shaw.ca> wrote:

> Extremely interesting genre-identification Minnow, and I immediately
> ask
> myself, "why is it I love almost all of the books on this list, but
> hate
> No Bed for Bacon?"

I would be interested to hear why you dislike this, Robyn. I love it
myself, but then I came across it when I was 11 or 12, read aloud by my
father who is one of the best readers I have ever heard. It was also
the first time I realised that one was "allowed" to be funny about
history.

I was most annoyed when it was republished in the wake of Shakespeare
in Love, and someone wrote a review claiming it was based on the film
but not close enough to its storyline!

Rosie