[DWJ] Book recommendations

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Tue Nov 21 10:11:31 EST 2006

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006, Ven wrote:
>Ania wrote
>>And on another subject- am I the only person who
>>was disappointed with the
>>Queen of Attolia?

>Nope, you're not the only one, I really really
>disliked the QoA too -- book and character irrc.

The thing about the Eugenides books for me is that I can't be
rational about them. I can see many of the plot and
characterization holes (I remember Melissa was the person who
pointed out that there is some places where she cheats in The
Thief), but she hit so many of my fictional kinks that I just
adore them completely irrationally.

That being said, you should check out her book of short stories.
It doesn't force you to take the huge leaps of faith and has the
same writing quality.

-deborah
--
Nothing is going to save my skin.	-Eugenides