[DWJ] Book recommendations

Ven vendersleighc at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 20 20:57:20 EST 2006

Ania wrote
<And on another subject- am I the only person who
was disappointed with the
Queen of Attolia? I just could not see how anyone
could fall in LOVE with
someone almost unknown to him, not to mention a
very unsympathetic
character. I just couldn't make the leap. I loved
The Thief but now I wonder
whether it's worth trying the King of Attolia or
should I just sell the
first two on ebay and be done with them.>

Nope, you're not the only one, I really really
disliked the QoA too -- book and character irrc.
There were far too many things I just couldn't
swallow in that book. I solved the "what to do
with them problem by giving them to a friend who
liked them.

Thanks for all the recommendations guys, I'm not
posting much but I am still reading. A small
disappointment thought -- right at the start of
the thread I was intrigued by the Patricia
McKillip title "Od Magic" but it turns up on
Gili's list as the far more likely "Old Magic".

Ven

Sponsored Link

Compare mortgage rates for today.
Get up to 5 free quotes.