[DWJ] Re: Wuthering Heights (was Book recommendations)

HSchinske at aol.com HSchinske at aol.com
Thu Nov 16 15:21:58 EST 2006

In a message dated 11/16/2006 2:48:29 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, Mark
Allums _mallums at tyler.net_ (mailto:mallums at tyler.net)  writes:

My  totally non-expert theory as to why _Wuthering Heights_ is still
around  after all this time:

English professors find it easy to teach.   They get tired of students
whining about whatever choice the instructor  made last semester in
books, and want something that is easy for students  to read and
comprehend that they can create lectures around with a minimum  of fuss
and bother.  Then they can stand back and with a straight  face call it a
classic example of the gothic  novel.

Easy to read and comprehend??? Are we talking about the same  book?

Helen Schinske