[DWJ] Book recommendations

Amy Lee Bennett alb15 at cornell.edu
Thu Nov 16 09:27:00 EST 2006

I'm with Judith here, I must say, and I find it ironic that this
thread is titled "book recommendations!" I haven't even read WH yet
and so I'm not trying to defend a beloved old favorite from all
criticism, and since I dissed Endymion Spring in my last post I'm not
trying to suggest that nobody should ever say anything critical about
a book -- but I must say, part of what I enjoy about this list is the
way that everybody's generally so enthusiastic about the books they
love (this is ultimately a fan list after all!), and it makes me want
to read (and think about) what everyone's talking about. If I want
book-bashing discussions that imply that everyone who likes some book
that other folks hate with a passion is an idiot, I can just go read
child_lit, after all.
--Amy