[DWJ] Book recommendations

Judith Ridge Judith.Ridge at det.nsw.edu.au
Wed Nov 15 18:08:03 EST 2006

On 15/11/06 10:21 PM, "Minnow" <minnow at belfry.org.uk> wrote:

> What *is* it about that load of old fetid dingoes' kidneys that appeals to
> so many people?
>
> Minnow

We had a thorough round of Bronte bashing a few months ago (much of which
was lifted straight from the pages of Peter's Room, very irritating). Can we
give it a rest? These discussions always seem to imply that there's
something wrong with anyone who happens to like the "old fetid dingoes
kidneys". I for one don't feel the need to defend my enjoyment of any book
or writer (and I've thoroughly enjoyed the Brontes, including Wuthering
Heights, both as a reader and a teacher).

Judith

--
Judith Ridge
Assistant Editor (Acting)