[DWJ] Book recommendations

Gili Bar-Hillel gbhillel at netvision.net.il
Mon Nov 13 03:46:12 EST 2006

Here's the full list of books that were recommended here recently:

Butler, Charles. "The Lurkers". (this was in none of the shops I tried!)
** Cornish, D. M. "Monster Blood Tattoo"
DiCamillo, Kate. "The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane"
* Dunmore, Helen. "Ingo".
Funke, Cornelia. "Dragon Rider"
* Gardner, Sally. "I, Coriander"
* Gruber, Michael. "The Witch's Boy"
* Hardinge, Frances. "Fly By Night".
** Herman, Eleanor. "Sex With Kings"
Joyce, Graeme. "Limits of Enchantment".
Larbalestier, Justine. "Magic or Madness".
** Marcetta, Marlina. "On the Jellicoe Road"
** Micklem, Sarah. "Firethorn"
McKay, Hilary. Casson family series.
McKillip, Patricia. "Alphabet of Thorns".
	"Old Magic."
Moriarity, Jaclyn. "Feeling Sorry for Celia" (this one has been translated,
I'll try to get it in Hebrew)
Park, Paul. "Princess of Roumania'. (first of a quartet, disappointing)
** Patchett, Ann. "The Magician's Assistant"
** Pratchett, Terry. "Wintersmith"
* Riordan, Rick. "Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief"
* Skelton, Matthew. "Endymion Spring" *
Smith, Sherwood. "Inda".
* Thompson, Kate. "The New Policeman". (but not "The Fourth Horseman").

* Books I bought
** Recommendations that came in when I could no longer access my email.

And, if anyone is interested, here's the list of books I ended up buying.
(Yes they were very heavy and yes expensive. But keep in mind this is my big
annual book bash, and some of these count as a work expense...) All that's
left is to read, read, read!

Augarde, Steve. "Celandine".
Barry, Dave and Ridley Pearson. "Peter and the Shadow Thieves".
Brand, Christianna. "Nurse Matilda" (I translated this into Hebrew off a
Xerox copy!)
	"Nurse Matilda Goes to Town"
Bujold, Lois McMaster. "Cetaganda". (filling in gaps. I read this on the
airplane back home)
	"Memory"
	"The Sharing Knife"
Burgess, Melvin. "Doing It" (sense of duty, have to know what the fuss is
about)
	"Junk"
Dean, Pamela. "Tam Lin"
* Dunmore, Helen. "Ingo".
* Gardner, Sally. "I, Coriander"
Gavin, Jamila. "Coram Boy".
* Gruber, Michael. "The Witch's Boy"
* Hardinge, Frances. "Fly By Night".
Ibbotson, Eva. "A Song for Summer".
Le Guin, Ursula. "Voices"
* Riordan, Rick. "Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief"
* Skelton, Matthew. "Endymion Spring" *
Pratchett, Terry. "Thud!"
Stroud, Jonathan. "Ptolmey's Gate".
Thompson, Kate. "The New Policeman".
Wrede, Patricia C. and Caroline Stevermer. "The Grand Tour".

* on the recommended list