[DWJ] all these new books

Roslyn rosgross at bigpond.net.au
Wed Nov 8 05:44:13 EST 2006

Hallie replied:

>I, Coriander, Sally Gardner
>Fly by Night, Frances Hardinge
>Endymion Spring, Matthew Skelton?

<<I just finished _I, Coriander_ recently, and have serious gripes with
it, about which I held forth at some length (as my LJ flist will know
- though it was behind a cut to prevent infliction on the
uninterested!).  I'll be giving it to Charlie, so a more restrained
response may be forthcoming soon. :) >>

Thanks, Hallie! I'll catch up with your blog, but first...I haven't read
anyone's blogs for ages, and know very little about them, so I have to ask
what's probably a stupid question: is 'behind a cut' a technical thing, or
am I misunderstanding?

<< _Fly by Night_ I read a while ago and thought it was very good
indeed, though I wasn't as completely head-over-heels in love with it
as many.  My copy was horribly bound, which didn't help reading
pleasure any.

Haven't read _Endymion Spring_ yet but interested to at some point.
Really pleased you loved _Limits of Enchantment_ and also _Od Magic_,
though not as much as AoT either! >>

I'm glad you're glad! :-) I'm glad also that you liked these two.

<< Almost scared to ask, as I loved it but it doesn't seem to be getting
much in the way of favourable reviews - anyone else read Sherwood
Smith's _Inda_? >>

Can't help you out there, as I haven't caught up with it yet!

Ros