[DWJ] Pinhoe Egg -with small spoiler

shawyer at mail.utexas.edu shawyer at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Nov 6 10:32:47 EST 2006

Quoting deborah.dwj at suberic.net:

> |> !

<SNIP>
> I'm not sure what I'm getting at, here, except to knowledge the
> distress on the part of some of the livejournal community members
> about the ages in social situations of the characters.

On a related note . . .
And I'm not sure how I feel about Janet in the Pinhoe Egg. I see that Janet and
Julia are clearly a certain age in this book, because of their adolescent
crazes for horses and Jason. Although this smacked a little of
Harry-Potter-growing-up-and-getting-grumpy, I did appreciate the humour. But at
the same time, I was disappointed in Janet, who seemed to have lost her
admirable spunk from Charmed Life. I know that Pinhoe Egg is about Marianne and
Cat's stories, but still, I wanted to hear at least one of Janet's exciting
exclamations!

Sue