[DWJ] OT: Martine Leavitt books

Sun Nov 5 22:21:50 EST 2006

On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 08:38:08 +1000, Emma Comerford wrote:

>Hello all knowing list!
>
>I've recently re-read "The doll mage" by Martine Leavitt and was highly
>impressed again. I was thinking about buying some more Leavitt books (need
>to be ordered into Australia unfortunately) and was wondering if anyone
>here has any recommendations as to which to buy or avoid. After all, it was
>the list that convinced me to buy "Doll mage" in the first place and I
>didn't regret that!

Woohoo, another convert!

I really enjoyed her earlier trilogy, which is published under the name
Martine Bates:  _The Dragon's Tapestry_, _The Prism Moon_, and _The Taker's
Key_.  Those are all fantasy.  _Tom Finder_ is more of a magical realism
book; I liked it, but not as much.  I haven't read _Heck, Superhero_.  Her
new one is called _Keturah and Lord Death_--I'm *really* looking forward to
getting it, once I have money again.  :)

I've ordered most of mine through Amazon.ca (she's a Canadian author) but I
don't know if it's a more economical way than pestering a local Australian
bookstore to order it in for you.

Melissa Proffitt