[DWJ] Pinhoes, spoilerless

Sat Nov 4 14:49:53 EST 2006

You mean it hasn't arrived yet?!

Just kidding.  I didn't forget, but...well, here's how it went every day:

1.  Hey, look, Otter's book is on the piano.  I should mail it back.
2.  I have no packing material and it will get destroyed if I don't protect
it.  I'll have to pick something up at the store.
3. *forgets to go to the store*
4.  repeat steps 1-3 for two weeks.

It's been that kind of month.  You know how many new books I bought this
month?  Seven.  Guess how many of them I read?  Exactly two and a half.

I feel really bad because you were so nice about it, so after reading your
message just now, I decided to go IMMEDIATELY to the post office.  But my
mother-in-law's car is parked behind my van, and she won't be back until
well after the post office closes.  (I almost made it out anyway.  Blast
that stupid crabapple tree.  I was tempted just to mow it down, but it would
have hurt my poor car.)  So now I have to feel bad all weekend, and I'm
making you wait that much longer.  :(

Melissa Proffitt