[DWJ] Pinhoe Egg -with small spoiler

shawyer at mail.utexas.edu shawyer at mail.utexas.edu
Sat Nov 4 11:23:59 EST 2006

I just finished reading Pinhoe Egg, and am now on my re-read through. I wanted
to share this small thought about it with the list, so am leaving ample spoiler
space below:

!

What I enjoyed particularly was that DWJ started creating a picture of what kind
of Chrestomanci Cat would be when he grew up, through his interactions with
Syracuse and Klartch and the concept of dwimmer. This was a question I had been
asking, since I knew he wouldn't be like Gabriel De Witt or Christopher Chant,
but I wasn't sure what his style would turn out to be. After all, Cat still
needed to find more of his sense of self before his personal magical style
(other than left-handedness) could be revealed. I think I  like Cat's magical
style, and of course, it fits nicely with his interactions with the baby dragon
in Charmed Life.

Sue