[DWJ] help needed...

Elizabeth G. Holtrop elizabeth at bouma-holtrop.com
Tue May 16 12:24:10 EDT 2006

Minnow <minnow at belfry.org.uk> wrote: I wasn't
looking at it as being anything to do with the book, because I wasn't
expecting it to be anything to do with the book -- I've found that attitude
saves me from aggravation when I see films of a book I like.

Minnow

  I tend to take that attitude, too.  It helps me  appreciate the film for what it is -- although in general I tear my  hair at any film made from a book I like.  The BBC's historical  adaptations are exceptions here, since I'm in love with their  miniseries such as Pride and Prejudice and Wives and Daughters.   Come to think of it, though, I saw those before I read the books (and I  haven't read all of Wives and Daughters), so I guess the argument  doesn't stand.  Are there any readers out there who saw  Howl-the-film first and prefer it to Howl-the-book?

  E.