[DWJ] help needed...

Minnow minnow at belfry.org.uk
Tue May 16 05:18:53 EDT 2006

>On Mon, 15 May 2006 minnow at belfry.org.uk wrote:
>
>> Paul wrote:
>
>> > Oh, that's all gone as well. Movie!Howl is Ingary born and bred.
>
>> I don't remember him *not* coming from Wales, as it were; are we
>> actually given to understand that he is an Ingary native, or is it
>> just left unsaid that he's an asylum seeker or an illegal immigrant
>> or whatever it is when one busts into a country by magic without
>> having all the proper paperwork filled in in blood in quintuplicate?

Paul responded:

>My recollection is that we are actually given to understand that he's
>a native; I'm thinking in particular of the little house on the
>Porthaven marshes that one of his relatives gave him when he was a
>boy.

Yes.  Thank you: you're right.  I'd forgotten that, or missed it.  I've
only seen the film once, rather than studying it repeatedly, and I wasn't
looking at it as being anything to do with the book, because I wasn't
expecting it to be anything to do with the book -- I've found that attitude
saves me from aggravation when I see films of a book I like.

Minnow