[DWJ] help needed...

Ven vendersleighc at yahoo.com
Mon May 15 11:45:02 EDT 2006

Lili Wilkinson requwested our help

<So. I run a teenage book group, and they have
requested that our next topic
be 'the book and the film'.

and after wracking my brains for several weeks
thinking about WHICH book
and WHICH film, i have settled on Howl's Moving
Castle. Because both are
good, but they are very very different. So at our
meeting, I want to read
them a scene from the book, and then show them
the same scene from the
film, and then we can talk about how they're
different.

So I need suggestions of which scene. One that
will provoke an interesting
discussion.

I think it would be as interesting to use a scene
where the book and the film are quite close.
Otherwise discussion could be diverted onto the
merits of films versus books rather than
concentrating on this particular film and book.
My choice would therefore be either Howl and
Sophie's first meeting or Sophie's arrival at the
Moving Castle.

Oh and I'm thinking it's time I looked for the
dvd!

Ven