[DWJ] help needed...

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sun May 14 21:12:48 EDT 2006

On Fri, 12 May 2006, Elizabeth G. Holtrop wrote:

> I haven't seen the film, so I didn't know they'd axed the Donne
> poem.  I'm disappointed to hear that.  I liked how it was the one
> link between Howl's old world and his new one.

Oh, that's all gone as well. Movie!Howl is Ingary born and bred.

I'm not actually surprised that Miyazaki left out all the Wales and
Donne stuff, because it would have been tricky translating it all for
the Japanese audience. (Not to mention that leaving it out helps bring
the story down to movie-length.)

Although I was intrigued to notice that, even though movie!Howl is not
from Wales and does not speak with a Welsh accent, the English dub
stars a Welsh-born actor.

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."