[DWJ] Re: Congratulations, and an OT question

Charles Butler charlescbutler at btinternet.com
Tue May 9 18:12:17 EDT 2006

"Elizabeth G. Holtrop" <elizabeth at bouma-holtrop.com> wrote:

  >My French professor holds two MAs because her master's degree from France did not count in the US, so she got another in the US. She told me the French degrees are the only ones the US doesn't recognize, but that seems very odd to me! Does anyone have any information about which degrees are recognized where? I know it's a big question, but you all seem so knowledgable here. ;)

  What was her subject? And when did she take her MA? I ask because my mother-in-law (who was French) found that her degree in law was useless when she moved to England in the late '50s, because of the differences between the two legal codes. I can imagine that something similar might apply in some other subjects too. Otherwise, it's all very odd indeed.

  Belated congratulations to Ania, by the way! Any smugness is entirely justified, I'm sure. ;-)

  Charlie

Website: www.charlesbutler.co.uk