[DWJ] Re: Congratulations, and an OT question

Elizabeth G. Holtrop elizabeth at bouma-holtrop.com
Tue May 9 17:28:34 EDT 2006

Emma Comerford <emmaco at tpg.com.au> wrote:
This is an interesting thread but I can see why administrators start
pulling their hair over translating marks when a overseas student arrives!

  I've often wondered how degrees apply overseas.   Recently, as I consider spending a semester of college in France and  possibly going to graduate school in Europe, I'm even more interested  than ever.  My French professor holds two MAs because her master's  degree from France did not count in the US, so she got another in the  US.  She told me the French degrees are the only ones the US  doesn't recognize, but that seems very odd to me!  Does anyone  have any information about which degrees are recognized where?  I  know it's a big question, but you all seem so knowledgable here. ;)

  Elizabeth

  I've always had to run
    I don't know just why
    Desire slowly smoking