[DWJ] Re: Congratulations, and an OT question

Kyra Jucovy klj at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Tue May 9 16:36:02 EDT 2006

On Tue, 9 May 2006, Puszczewicz,  Laurie Anne wrote:

> Congratulations to Ania on the dissertation, and the job, and the ten
> pound note.  Your post also brought up a question thatc I'll ask to the
What number are we up to now?  Anyway, I concur!

> So, international list, anyone want to share grading around the world?
When I spent a semester studying abroad at the University of Edinburgh, I
had a lot of trouble getting used to the grading system there.  I can't
remember it all that well, but I _think_ 80% or above may have
corresponded to an A, or maybe it was even as low as 70%.  One way or
another, it was very confusing to me, especially since I was told that it
was more or less impossible to get above 90%.  In the American system,
for those who don't know, 90% is the cut-off level for an A.  I had a lot
of trouble working out what my letter grades would be based on my number
grades.

						---Kyra

---
"Thinking about 'My Humps' as the title of a song about the hotness of
Kierkegaard is not best practice, eroticism-wise."
					---John Holbo