[DWJ] I've had the third degree...

Ven vendersleighc at yahoo.com
Mon May 8 00:09:03 EDT 2006

... result!

That's right- I had news that I got a very
respectable 63% for my
dissertation (the class swot, whom I admired for
her combination of brains
and hard work, got 66%). This means that I have
completed the Archives
Administration course and am now a fully
qualified archivist with an MSc
(Econ.)- in addition to the already possessed BA
and PhD! I am naturally
delighted.

Then I had a job interview for a permanent
jobshare at the county archive-
and got it! I was flabbergasted, having convinced

myself that I wouldn't. I
think they found it refreshing that I happily
admitted that I had no
practical experience of any kind of supervisory
role, or of modern records
management. And the presentation I had to, erm,
present went pretty well,
somehow. Wheeee!

My other employers (also pt time) agreed to
reshuffle my hours so I can keep
that job too!

And today I found a ten pound note.

Now I am waiting for horrible retribution for all

this good luck. I think
it's Catholic guilt surfacing.

Heh, Ania, I can't think of anyone more deserving
of such good fortune. You've worked hard for it
too (well maybe not the ten pound note!). Well
done, I'm very pleased for you.

Ven