[DWJ] Hi everyone!

Anna Zofia Skarzynska ania.s at tiscali.co.uk
Sun May 7 11:36:22 EDT 2006

Welcome, new members!

I'm sure that I told the tale of my DWJ discovery a few times by now, so
I'll abbreviate it and skip the context part (it's probably in the list
archives- search for 'convoy' and 'site', or indeed for 'Gemini')- anyway,
that part only tells of my meeting with Gemini/Amanda, who also introduced
me to this list, and who is still lurking thereon, AFAIK.

Anyway, she gave me a DWJ to read; I am pretty sure it was The Time of the
Ghost. I thought it was wonderful and tried to find and read all her other
books. This was in the late 80s or possibly in 1990-1 and most of DWJ's
output was out of print, so it took me a while to accomplish this.

I still see TotG as the quintessential DWJ, even though it's the multiple
universes theme that is the one repeated in most of the books and could be
seen as the defining ingredient of much of DWJ-magic.

My favourite is without doubt Deep Secret, closely followed by Fire and
Hemlock.

Ania