[DWJ] I've had the third degree...

Anna Zofia Skarzynska ania.s at tiscali.co.uk
Sun May 7 11:24:26 EDT 2006

... result!

That's right- I had news that I got a very respectable 63% for my
dissertation (the class swot, whom I admired for her combination of brains
and hard work, got 66%). This means that I have completed the Archives
Administration course and am now a fully qualified archivist with an MSc
(Econ.)- in addition to the already possessed BA and PhD! I am naturally
delighted.

Then I had a job interview for a permanent jobshare at the county archive-
and got it! I was flabbergasted, having convinced myself that I wouldn't. I
think they found it refreshing that I happily admitted that I had no
practical experience of any kind of supervisory role, or of modern records
management. And the presentation I had to, erm, present went pretty well,
somehow. Wheeee!

My other employers (also pt time) agreed to reshuffle my hours so I can keep
that job too!

And today I found a ten pound note.

Now I am waiting for horrible retribution for all this good luck. I think
it's Catholic guilt surfacing.

Slightly more on topic now, thankyouthankyouthankyou Dorian for giving me my
first Bujold!

And even more on topic, I confess I have no recollection whatsoever of the
rape/not rape incident in DL. I think I only read it once, because I was not
all that taken with it. Must reread. How long do we need before we discuss?
I am in the middle of reading about half a dozen books right now and will
probably have to prioritize.

Ania