[DWJ] Re: (now with minor^Wmajor spoilers for Dark Lord of Derkholm)

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Sat May 6 20:25:21 EDT 2006

On May 6, 2006, at 1:50 PM, minnow at belfry.org.uk wrote:

> I'm sure I was
> much better off dealing with the emotional aftermath for myself, in the
> pragmatic way that one does at the age of nine, rather than having to
> cope
> with a collection of traumatised adult strangers ... reassuring me
> that I didn't
> need to feel guilty -- something which never occurred to me as a
> possible
> reaction, because I put the blame squarely where it belonged.
> I took my own steps to deal with the person who'd done it (I told
> the local Hell's Angels who had done what on
> *their patch*) and then got on with being me.

And what a ruthless 9-year-old you were, too.  How impressive
that you knew how to deal with it.

As always, I am in awe before you.

When a distinguished but elderly scientist says that something is
possible, he is almost certainly right. When he says it is impossible,
he is very probably wrong.

                                       -- Arthur C. Clarke